Monday, May 23, 2011

Blossomwood Sign









The house from across the road with a digital version of the sign.
The English have this lovely tradition of naming their homes. When my sister in law bought a house in Australia my husband started calling it Blossomwood. Blossom or "Blossy" is Jeni's nickname, and when we were visiting them Jon suggested I make a house sign for them.

I tried lots of combos, as you can see from the few I posted above, but we all decided on the gray sign with a yellow flower for the front of the house. As fun as the turquoise signs were I do think the gray fits in well with the surrounds and matches the house the best (the photo is a bad representation of the colors,  you will just have to use your imagination a bit, in actuality the grays are very similar, promise). I will try to post a picture of it when the actual sign is installed.

This kitchen is a JOY to work in! I made my first batch of quince paste and jelly in it!!! I will do a post on that soon.



Comfy bed I slept on it for almost a month!

These last 4 photos were not taken by me.... But as you can see the place is super modern and fun inside, I wanted to make a sign that reflected that.

2 comments:

  1. I love that! I'm totally going to start naming the homes I live in! Love your design. I think the gray fit well too! You're so talented Miss Mimi!
    -Psalm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Psalmers, I can see you guys naming your home.

    ReplyDelete